Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

I knew getting through my first Thanksgiving without Mom was going to be difficult. It was her favorite holiday! Stacy knew it too and offered to host the dinner at her house. Love You, Stacy!

She had no idea how to cook a turkey so I offered to help. Just like Mom helped me with my first turkey I went over to Stacy's house Wednesday night and shared my knowledge about cooking a turkey.

I gave her a list of what to get at the store before I got there. So sorry for calling you out on this, Stacy, but it is too funny not to share. I told Stacy to get 1 bag of flavored croutons and 1 bag of plain. When I got to her house she told me she could only find seasoned. Ok - It took everything I had not to laugh, she bought croutons for salads not stuffing. How was I to know she didn't know which was which, and how was she to know that there was such a thing as stuffing croutons. She has never stuffed a turkey before.
We sent Mike to the store to get what we needed.
Stacy hard at work.

Kory peeled and mashed the potatoes. He also carved his first bird.
Kaylyn set the table and assigned us our seats with homemade place cards.
Stacy had a great idea! Everyday starting Nov.1 we had to write something we were thankful for that day. Some were funny and some quite serious. During dinner and through out the rest of the day (because there was so many) someone would read one and we would all guess who's it was. It couldn't have gone better. The first one out of the bag (Now mind you there was over 100 thanks) was mine. "I am thankful for a stepdaughter who is hosting Thanksgiving this year" And the last one out was Kory's "I am thankful for my great in laws."
 
 
Stacy serving up the pies (pumpkin and banana) for the people with sweet tooth's. All Dylan wanted was the cookies that Mary made. It took him all day, but I think he finished off the whole plate there. I did manage to sneak one and they were mighty good.
Bryan, Mary and "I only need a 15 minute nap today" Roger had to leave early, but the rest of us played a game that I decided that you should probably play sober, though Stacy and I won a few rounds drinking wine. It's called 5 Second Rule. You need to name 3 things in 5 seconds. Kids think faster that adults.
 
It was a very good day! 


No comments: