Thursday, November 29, 2012

Old Saying

You know that old saying "You don't know what you got until you lose it?" Of course you do, it was made into a song ( and I bet most of you sang that question just now reading this)

Well, here's another one. "You don't know what you're missing until you get one."

There are so many things out there that I could say would be nice to have, but really do I need one.
I spent my whole life making do. No complaints - that's just how I roll.
When I get my quilting notions catalog I go through it feeling that way. There are so many things in there that could make my quilting easier, but do I want to spend the money? ( I know what your thinking - What a cheapskate! Not true - I have bought some things)

Sharen is the same way. Twins are like that.
This year for our birthday Sharen found something that she was sure that I would like and would never buy myself - a design wall.

When I am ready to sew block together I have to find a space in the house big enough to spread them out. I have used the floor of most every room in the house. My favorite spot (or maybe it's just the one place where I don't have to pick it up every night) is the bed in the spare bedroom. I walk back and forth sewing individual blocks together. I do NOT get it right every time. A few of my quilts are back ass ward.

Not any more.
I love this thing.
I hung it IN my sewing room and put together these quilt blocks in less than 2 hours without any mistakes or back aches.




Right now I have a Christmas gift hanging on it all ready to be put together. I thought it looked amazing until Mike walked in and wanted to know "Why is this block turned the other way?"
Opps - I am sure if I looked at it long enough I would of seen that. :) For sure!

No comments: