Monday, December 3, 2012

walking

The grand kids spent the night on Saturday.
After a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon and "Candy bacon" (I found this recipe in the new Alex Cross book - Merry Christmas, Alex Cross) Kaylyn ate 3 pieces - she would of ate it all but Papa had to have some and me and the boys each took a taste. I felt the need to take a walk. I invited the crew to go with me and Sharen for a hike 'round the circle. Mike stayed back to clean the dirty dishes.
The kids ran ahead and made the turn to take the "longer" route. I am sure this was Kaylyn's idea - she was on a mission to find deer. As soon as we got back on the main trail the boys made the turn for home and the girls continued on.

Kaylyn holding up the railroad tracks. I admit I need some work on this kind of picture taking, but we had fun.

We found a clear "deer path" and Kaylyn insisted on going to see if she could find them sleeping. Sharen was a brave soul and followed. No deer.
It was a warm perfect day for a hike.

No comments: