Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cookie Bake

Another year baking cookies.
Sharen and I spent Saturday morning with our "daughters" and our grand children baking cookies.  (We both want to leave a tradition of warm Christmas memories to our families of something we both love to do - bake cookies). I can't say granddaughters, because little grandson Matthew has turned into quite the helper. I knew that he liked to spend time in the kitchen helping his Momma and Grandma so when I saw this super hero material I knew that I had to make him an apron.
It was a huge hit.
He tried to get Roger up on the stool to help. Next year for sure.

We baked and decorated and baked some more.

 So many different cookies. YUM
 "Papa daycare" was hopping with 3 kids age 17 to 20 months old. Matthew and Kaylyn would occasionally join in the fun. Kaylyn would curl up in ball in the box and "surprise" the little ones. Notice Kendell in the back ground - That is as close as she got to the action. The same little girl who spent her first few minutes standing in the corner whining, waiting for Sharen (Grandma) to show up.
The place was chaos.  If you could of heard the noise. 3 little people that communicate by grunt, yells and  screeching. Kendell loves bells and walked around carrying our reindeer rope of bells. I wish I had a picture or better yet a video, but I was too busy baking and cleaning up. I loved it all.
I think maybe next year we will have to make it a cookie exchange. Everybody can bake the cookies at home and bring them with them. And while the grand kids (Roger, Kendell, and Kallie will be old enough to help) are decorating the cutout cookies - us adults can sit around, drink some cocktails and visit with each other. Sounds like a plan!

No comments: