Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Just Asking

I have been terrible this Christmas about second guessing myself.
I have taken back a total of 6 gifts already. Maybe there is something for this last minute shopping thing. Buy it  - Wrap it - DONE!

Of course, I am making a few gifts this year. When I think I am done I see something and am convinced that so and so would love that. AND I am sure I can get it done before Christmas. So I start a new project.

Then I tell myself, Christmas is just 2 weeks away. Hummmmm...Really?

I started it anyway.
Ran to Joannes got the material and got started.

Everybody knows that you measure TWICE cut once. I get rushed and cut the damn material wrong. Need 4 inch strips and I cut it 3 inch.
Now what? Usually I would stop take a breath and come back to it later. (sometimes months later)
Hey Karen, Christmas is 2 weeks away!!
So I look in my stacks and stacks of fabrics to see if there is anything else I could use. Lo and Behold there is the same fabric...

So I ask you.
Does finding that material mean that I have too much material that I forget about it?
OR does it mean I am building a good back up system that just needs organization?
Just Asking!!
OK, You really don't have to answer this, because any quilter knows you can NEVER have too much material.

No comments: