Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

Kaylyn's teacher was looking for volunteers for helping with her second grade class to help them make gingerbread houses.
When Kaylyn called and asked me if I wanted to help I jumped all over it.
It was for first thing in the morning so I picked her up and we went to school together. She took me to her classroom and I met her teacher. She then took me to the cafeteria where the assembly of house was to take place.
There were several parents and 2 of us Grandma's there.

One girl asked Kaylyn if I was her Grandmother and Kaylyn told her Yes.



She said "I brought my Grandma too."
Kaylyn with her house.
This was so much fun to watch these kids and their imagination. One boy put a chocolate cookie on the roof. I asked him "What is that?" he told me it was his roof top. I told him it look like his house had a satellite dish for TV. I moved on and helped another little girl open all her candy canes. When I returned to the boys table 3 more boys showed me their "dishes" on their roofs. We all laughed.

When I got home I heard about the tragedy in CN and cried.
I just left a cafeteria full of innocent, laughing, little 7 yr olds, making gingerbread house in a small town just like there.

No comments: