Friday, December 7, 2012

Let there be Light

When we first visited this house when we were looking to move I fell in love with the light fixture over the dining room table. It is the first thing I notice when I walked in the front door. I liked that it shown down just around the table and didn't light up the whole room.  It has 3 of the coolest green glass shades.

 It was starting to look dated and when we changed out all the hardware and knobs on the cabinets in the kitchen to silver I knew that it was time for the fixture to go. I still wanted one that the lights went down and maybe find one that I could still use the green glass shades. Well I have been looking for several months. They all seem to want to shine up. I knew that I would find one if I just kept looking.
The nice man at Home Depot told me to look online - They had more selections there.

Ok - Like I haven't thought of THAT myself. Duh!
Home Depot didn't have it, but Lowes did! I decided to wait to order online and see if the Lowes in Geneva (next door to Joannes) had one. woot! woot! there it was.
Looks pretty darn good too.
Mike installed it, with a bit help from me and I only had to ask once - "Do you want me to call Bill?" That got me a dirty look.
He did good, Bill!

No comments: