Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Jr Cog

Logan was needing something to do over winter and he loves sports so he decided to try basketball. He knows my love for the game. I promised that I would come to watch and cheer for him.
He confessed to me that he can't dribble very good and is not knowledgeable about the whole game.
I assured him that he just needed to pay attention to his coach and practice his position and he would do just fine. Not everybody is going to be great at dribbling, just know your own game.

Last night Mike and I went out to Genoa Middle School to watch him play.

He listened to his coach.
He played forward so he spent some time under the basket and got some rebounds. I was impressed with him. He knew where he was supposed to be. He grabbed some rebounds. He even got a couple steals. Not too bad for his first year.
That's him #3
His team got beaten pretty bad by those damn Burlington rockets. After the game he thought that I would be disappointed. I gave him a hug and told him I had a great time watching him and I will be right back there next game.

No comments: