Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hall of Fames

When we first talked about driving to New York to see Steve and visit him in his new house, the idea came to me on visiting DC and seeing the cherry blossoms.

I like to travel by car but not for 13 hours at a time. It happens that the Football Hall of Fame was somewhere in between home and there so a stop to see it was planned.

It was totally out of season and they were doing major repairs to the place, but it was worth the stop.
Of course the sweetness is what they have on the building outside. Makes you proud to be a Bears fan.
We had the place all to ourselves again and I got some great pictures without anyone in them. This place was so impressive.

This is where they set up the podium for the inductions speeches.
 

 
 
We spent some money in the gift shop and exited the building in a little less than 3 hours. We weren't that far from Cleveland so we decided to make a stop at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Again we found no crowds. We got a parking spot right on the street and just filled the meter ($1.25). This building is right down town on lake Erie. I realized that it was my first trip to this great lake.
OMG there was so much to see and things to read about you could seriously spend a week in there if you wanted to. We searched out what interested us. Mike enjoyed the Doors.
Hey, I can strike a pose too. Can you guess which one is me?
 I really enjoyed the display on Elvis. There was a Cadillac there. Story goes that he wanted to buy 12 Cadillacs for his family and friends. He felt so bad taking up the salesman's time from another lady that he paid for hers too. What a nice guy!

The progression from transistors to ipods was interesting too. I owned them all at one time or another  and I must admit I love my ipod best.

On the way home (we decided to save Coopersown for another visit) we drove on up to Toronto  to the Hockey Hall of Fame. The sox were in town and we wanted to visit another stadium. Brought home a winner this time.

 Again there were no crowds to stop us from doing things. Here I am shooting pucks. My first time! I made 1 out of the 5. They had a movie theater there showing a short film about hockey in 3D. My first 3D movie too. I'm glad it was only 20 minutes that's about all I could take with those stupid glasses on.

Mike of course had to show me up. He has been playing hockey since he was very little so he did have an advantage. He made 2.
The BEST part of this place was the trophy room. It was once an old bank. They even had some trophies in the vault. Who knew that Hockey had so many trophies and they were all there.
Guess which one Mike wanted to take home. I'm also pretty sure he wanted to raise it over  his head.



No comments: