Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Duppler Scramble

Whenever Sharen and I were competing in a game that required both male and female on the teams we knew that we had a pretty good chance of winning.
Ok, that sounded pretty conceited, but think about it. MOST mixed teams (bowling or golfing) are as good as the females on the teams.  Sharen and I are above average and can make the difference. That's how it used to be.

We could fire each other up by just asking "Who's got the better?" It got to a point where all we had to do was check the other teams females out - look at each - and smile. We got this...

This year for the Duppler scramble we were not on the same team.

Team Pro! They have the pro on their team after all.

Vs - Team underdogs! The team without the pro and Yes, Mike and Dave talked about matching their outfits.

Jon offered to give us 3 strokes (He had just shot a 66 at the club and was feeling cocky). Mike wanted to take them, but I did NOT. Why?
Because I think that between Mike and Dave they could scramble and keep up with Jon and Dup.
Then the question is "Who's got the better?"
Sharen and I are pretty even, though I have played more this year. I don't know if that gives me a edge or not? Carrie is taking to this game and is a force in driving. (Oh, How I remember those days). Erica is in the learning stages, but lets face it, she is an athlete and competitive so she could be the dark horse and carry her team.
Who had the better? I still don't know, but...

Team Underdogs - 3 under without any strokes - a perfect example of mixed team scramble golf
Team Pro - even par
Turns out Team Pro couldn't make a putt :)

I felt a little displaced a few times and found myself feeling more of a spectator or cheerleader. Turns out Dave can make a putt while I serenade him.  I did keep hitting the ball and picking it up.

This was my first time playing with Dave and was in awe of how far he can hit the ball. We are 271 yards out in the ruff on a par 5 and he hits it on the green.
"Hey Karen, aren't you going to hit?"
Did he seriously just ask me that...we are on the green for crying out loud
"No, I think I am going to sit here and drink my beer before it gets warm."

I had such a great time and I loved every minute of it.
Who wouldn't?   I shot 3 under!!!

No comments: