Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Still Enjoy it!

Even though his score didn't reflect his golf this time...
Even though the weather was HOT, HOT, HOT...
Even though it was an hour and half to get there in heavy traffic...

Adding the fact that a person (me) gets older and walks slower each year...:)

I still enjoy watching Jon play competitive golf!!!

Jon was playing in the IPGA golf tournament this week at Olympia Fields.
Mike and I walked with him on Monday.
Tuesday I stayed by the phone to see if he would qualify for the final round on Wednesday. The text came from Sharen for me to get my walking shoes ready. YAY - he made the cut.
Note: To keep your feet cool, put your shoes in the frig over night (preferably away from the food).

The course is beautiful and hilly with large trees and soft fairways.  The club house is enormous.  I was a little put off though by the restaurant "For Men Only" which told Erica that she was not allowed to STAND in there to wait for Jon.

His gallery on Wednesday consists of Me, Sharen, and Erica.
We saw some pretty good golf on a difficult course. Jon didn't have any "blow-up" holes and we saw plenty eagle tries. He played good golf just not good enough to make the top 10 headed to Myrtle next summer.

New Day - New Score!
 Practice makes perfect and I only saw one 3 putt and that was on the back side of day 3.
 Jon hired a caddie that knew the course. Aaron read Jon's putts for him and Jon said he was a huge help and a really nice guy.
Check out these fairways. Ridiculously perfect! This shot made the green BTY.
 
 
So as long as the good Lords willing and Jon is still competing I'll be there watching him. 

No comments: