Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Sign

I believe in "signs"  and I don't mean street signs people.

Well, my Mother has been sending me some strong signals lately.
The day I got my money from Mother's estate I also got an email from "The Quilt Show". The show was moving back to the Rosemont from Cincinnati. Yipee - It's back! Sharen and I made plans to go.

I really have been enjoying "quilting" my own quilts. The rack I have was working just fine. It took me a long time to get one done, but it worked. I wanted to try something bigger.
Enter the quilt show - a Long arm quilter - floor model on sale (still a large amount of money). After some encouraging words from Sharen and a safety pin I found on the floor. (Mom would always tell me to keep a safety pin in my purse). I spent Mother's money and bought it!

After 2 months I still have not used the damn thing. Every time I think it's ready to go something else goes wrong. 4 times I have had to call the store for missing pieces.

I am thinking I made a huge mistake.
A few weeks ago I got out my first project and laid it out to pin to the rack and a ticket fell out. The date on the ticket was 9/4/12. The day Mom died. Mike and I were in MB and bought tickets to the pier. How that got in there I have no idea, but I knew it was a sign to keep going.

I called the store one last time for help. She more or less called me an idiot for using cheap thread. I AM DONE!!
I now have 5 quilt tops ready to be quilted and still don't know how to continue with this thing. They promised me a lesson and every time I call they put me off. Time to let it go and get help someplace else. Reading the paper I looked out to see a Cardinal on my bird feeder. Mom's favorite bird.  I saw an ad for a class on long arm quilting in Arlington Heights. I called and signed up.

It gives me a stomach ache every time I think of the money I spent on a machine I have yet to use and a business that treats their customers like sh*t after you spend lots of money at their store.

Yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about Mom (it was 1 year)  and the stomach ache came back. I knew I better eat something and asked Mike to go thru Wendy's for a chicken sandwich. He wasn't sure he heard me right. See I never eat fast food, ever! (unless you call Chinese take out fast food).

We order and go to pick up our food and the young girl in the pick-up windows name tag said "EDNA".

I hear ya Mom! I won't let anything get in my way!

No comments: