Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Garden Helpers

Ten years ago I took a little boy into my garden on Kate St. and he helped me pick my tomatoes.




That little boy is now recovering fumbles, running back kick offs and scoring game winning 2 point conversions for his middle school team. He also is taller than both his grandparents. Our first grand child is growing up fast.
Time is flying by.

Dylan still talks about helping me.
I thought Roger would get a kick out of it too.
We picked tomatoes!
He picked just "the red ones" and only squeezed one, because it was not coming off the vine. I thought for sure as soon as he knew they squirted he would squeeze them all, but nope.


 Then he wanted to pick the cucumbers. He found some in the vines all by himself.
He was very disappointed that we didn't have any zucchini ready.
He carried them into the house and took some home with him in a baggie.
He was very proud of his crop!

No comments: