Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dinners

Things are very different when Mike is not home.
I have to do the laundry. I striped the bed so I had enough for one load. I know poor me, right.
I have yet to run the dishwasher - not enough dirty dishes.
Big difference in the recycle bin. None of Mike's plastic soda bottles. I did take it to the curb this week though. Again, poor me!
I had to run the snow blower down the driveway and shovel the front deck.
One day I went to 2:00pm without saying one word. I finally called Sharen just to talk

One huge difference has been in my cooking.
I really don't mind cooking things that Mike likes. I can usually tweak it a little bit and we both enjoy dinner together.
This week I decided to make all things NOT Mike.
I have made stir fry with just vege's. Though Mike wouldn't eat stir fry, even if it had steak in it. I big thank You to Mary for turning me on to Couscous. I use it instead of rice. Love it!
I made cabbage steaks. Yeah, just cabbage sliced thick with garlic cooked under the broiler. I can't wait to try this on the grill.
With the left over cabbage I made Ya-coo-ma-chee. It's a dish our Aunt Kay used to make. She was Japanese. Kinda like a stir fry with cabbage - I used chicken instead of the standard hamburger. I know my sisters will remember it.
I had sauerkraut with apples. Yup - that's it for the whole dish.
And the one that is a sure thing Mike would NEVER eat. Liver and Onions...
I also loved me some liver and onions leftovers.

Well, Mike is due back tonight.
I better get that Pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot.


No comments: