Thursday, January 23, 2014

He Gone!

So Mike is in NY helping a friend. He almost didn't make it - Seriously if you don't have to fly JetBlue don't - What a nightmare.
On Tuesday after sitting on the plane for 5 hours, not because of the weather, but because some idiot baggage handler broke the cargo door. Then they had to wait for an engineer to take a look at it FROM BRAZIL. Then the flight crew was past their hours allotted. They cancelled the flight.
Now, because of the weather, he couldn't get out until Wednesday morning at 6:30am and then he had to take a connecting flight thru Boston. UGH!
All this after a 1.5 hour car trip to the airport in heavy traffic. Needless to say Mike was done.
Thankfully, I was at Bryan and Mary playing with Roger, who was home from daycare with a fever, so I was close to the airport and picked Mike up.

Round 2. Wednesday morning, we are up and on the road at 4:30 with fingers crossed everything was on time. Turns out the same plane was still at the gate so Mike hopped on that direct flight to JFK in time to get to the hospital.
Steve's surgery went well and Mike called to tell me he got him home without a hitch.

Whew! OK - now what do I want to do....
There is no wine in the house - so that's out.
The hot tub is broke - so that's out.
It's way to frickin cold to go out (though I haven't ruled out a trip to JoAnnes).

I could clean the closets. The frig could use a cleaning. I could get all the paper work ready for taxes.
OR I could spend my time quilting.
Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

No comments: