Monday, April 14, 2014

Dylan - NO Logan

I must have been having a very long senior moment, because when Logan spent the weekend with us for his birthday I consistently called him Dylan.Even when we took him to BWW and he got this silly hat (which he wore proudly). I called him Dylan. I would look at him with this hat on - name clearly in sight and call him Dylan. Stopped at Cold stone for ice cream.
"What do you want, Dylan?"
"Why are you calling me Dylan?"
He was a good sport about it, but come on what is wrong with me?
The next morning for breakfast I made him pancakes. I did remember that Logan is the one who loves my pancakes!

After his 4th pancake I said "Wow, I forget how much a 9 yr old can eat."

"Grandma - I'm 12!!!"

I think he deserves a sleep over/do over - don't you?

This is my grandson LOGAN and he is 12!! Repeat to yourself 3 times.

He also is a heck of a baseball player - hits the ball a ton.
He has always wanted to try golf so Papa set up the net in the back yard so he could give it a go.
 He struggled with hitting the ball. Swing was good - follow through was good - but the ball stayed on the tee.


I suggested using Papa's clubs. He's left handed.
I remember when I played softball and my brother would make us all bat left handed. We all hated it, but I have to admit, it worked. You had to think about hitting the ball more. You were seeing it from another angel and your normal swing and rhythm were thrown off. When you went back to your normal stance you thought about it more.

He didn't fall for it.
Can't blame him - what do I know - I called him Dylan and thought he was 9.

No comments: