Thursday, May 8, 2014

Like the Wind

Dylan decided that he wanted to try track this spring. I was excited because I loved running track and I like to watch it too.
H chose 6 things that he wanted to try and the coach then assigns you to your races.

After a few weeks, Dylan's has the shot putt (though I think he was better at the disc - just saying), the 400 dash (which he much preferred than the 800) and the 4 X 200 relay.
On the relay he was always the 2nd runner, maybe because he is good at passing the baton. Anyway for sectional tryouts last night he was running the 1st leg. He admitted to a nervous stomach, but he was up to the challenge. I, and his Mother, both told him nervous is good. Kinda like you want to pick the dog or horse that shits a lot before a big race. Nerves are good.

I was so glad that I brought the camera so I can show you and not just brag about how fast this boy can run. That's my grandson in the white shirt flying by the others.

LIKE THE WIND - Not just cause it was a windy day either.


No comments: