Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Mother's Day

I got really lucky this year.
My Mother's Day lasted the whole weekend.

It started with me picking up Roger at daycare on Friday. Luke was sleeping.
We played till Mommy, Luke and Daddy got home. Roger brought out some of Daddy's tools to "work".

 We took a walk around the house and he had to stop and smell the flowers out front.
 Mary had plans with her friends for the evening so she took off and I had dinner with my son and grandsons. Hot Dogs and Cheetos never tasted so good. We had a picnic outside.
Roger had to help Daddy with the grill.
I got to put Luke to bed while Bryan wrestled Roger to bed.
A great start to Mother's Day!

Saturday was Kaylyn's birthday party so Mary came out with the kids. Bryan is trying to get the house ready for construction on the second floor. If it ever stops raining!
I rode out to Genoa with Mary - she hadn't been to Stacy's new house yet and I wanted to show her the way to get back to the toll road when she left. Roger was very excited to see all the tractors in the fields.

I got to see my 3 other grandkids.
Kaylyn and her friends were doing cart wheels in the front yard - she is really quite good. I never could do a cart wheel.
The boys were shooting hoops with their friends.
 I think Luke found every dandelion in the front yard and picked them all.
What did Roger want to play with? Kory's shop vac! He asked Stacy really nice and got very excited when she told him he could drag it out of the garage and play with it.

He then spotted the hose and went to unravel it and squealed. The neighbor was putting in a new pool and had a bobcat sitting in his yard.
Off he goes -
The neighbor said it was OK for him to sit in it. He the man!
And to show what a good brother he is - he let Luke climb in too.
I got flowers and hugs from Stacy and all the grandkids.

Sunday started with breakfast.
Bryan and Mary and the kids joined us. I wanted Stacy to stay home and spend her Mother's Day with her kids.

After going with Sharen and her grandkids down to the creek I decided that it was time for Roger and Luke to go to "Grandma's" creek.

Took Roger two hands there were so many rocks to choose from to throw into the water.

 Luke decided to just sit and throw. It's a good thing that pipe was there cause I am pretty sure he would of crawled right into the water.

 What would a trip to the creek be without a picture on "Grandma's log"
 The trip back to the house took awhile. Luke had so many dandelions to pick.
 Of course, we had to take a ride on Grandma's tractor. Yes, this is my tractor. Mike can keep it running and full of gas, but I cut the grass most of the time, and I love doing it.

Brian came over for some grilling and my Mother's Day was complete.
I always wonder what my kids and grandkids will remember about me -  I hope it's that I was fun!!

No comments: