Monday, May 12, 2014

New Roof

It's no secret that this winter has been bruuuutal.

Our roof took a toll and started to leak into the kitchen ceiling.
Mike went up and patched around the pipe (which led to nowhere and was taken out) that was leaking and it held until we could get someone to get us a new roof.

Mike knew some companies that he dealt with through the cities grant program and called for some estimates.
I knew right away we had to go with Valentine Construction.
Why?
It's a father-son deal and I liked them almost immediately. The senior Julio stood up when I entered the room. Who does that anymore?
He wore a cool hat and when he talked with me he ALWAYS took it off. Who does that anymore?
 He seemed very excited to be doing Mike Millikan's roof.
He told Mike that he is missed down at the city and things were just not the same.

All that  said they do damn fine work.




We got to listen to pounding and Mexican music for 2 days, but I didn't mind at all. They were friendly and very polite.
Lovin' my new roof.

No comments: