Sunday, August 24, 2014

On Display

Well, I checked out the website that Pam (Mike's coworkers' wife) sent me about the Estate Sales in the area..

I looked through all the pictures and saw something that peaked my interest.
Talked Sharen into joining me and decided to give it a looksie.  This wasn't too far from the house.

Now, in the past, we have stood around for endless hours waiting at auctions for our items to come up. More often than not we didn't need what we bought, just wanted it. Anybody want a crock pot or mixing bowl?
This sale was more like a garage sale, but on a MUCH larger scale.

Checked out the 2 pole barns and damn if we couldn't find it. It wasn't in the same place as the picture. I'm thinking I was too late - already been sold.

Wander on over to the house and run into a friend of my step-daughter. Turns out Dawn's grandmother runs these estate sales and Dawn and her husband Tommy were helping. This was a HUGE sale.

I spot my treasure in the garage. It had $25 on it. Dawn gave it to me for $20.

I remember my Grandmother (or maybe it was my Aunts) that lived on a farm - anyway one of them had one of these on their back porch for the wet laundry.

It's old and needed some cleaning, but was pretty sturdy.


 And perfect for showing off my quilts.
I can get 4 or 5 more quilts on this thing - so I better get sewing.

Mean while Sharen is in the house looking around and gravitates to the sewing stuff. They have a basket full of small buttons and snaps and eye hooks and ribbons and lace - "perfect for doll clothes" I tell her. Dawn gave us another discount and the basket ends up coming home with her.

They also had a shit load of thread. 2 thread holders full. Way over priced! I couldn't get it out of my mind, so the next day I talked Mike into going back over there with me. It was still there.
Dawn is there again and gives me the "friend" discount.

Now I always quilt with white thread. I don't know why, I just do.
Not anymore, I have some thread to use up. The 2 on the left are what I got.  I am sure some of it is weak and fragile, but 68 spools of thread and 18 bobbins for $20 it's worth a try. AND 2 thread holders.

Yeah, I think there is going to be a few more estate sales in my future.

No comments: