Saturday, August 9, 2014

I Want One

My husband is pretty handy.
And he loves a good project.
After all the chairs, tables, flower and garden boxes he has made for everyone else I finally had a project for him.

My cushions on my back deck needed a home.
If it looked like rain they would end up just inside the back door on the floor in the family room.

 I needed a box for the back deck that would serve as a table and hold my cushions.
Something light weight so I could move it around and also water and animal tight.
All I had to do is give him my dimensions and he was hard at work in the basement.

I saved some old fencing from when the tree fell on our fence a couple years ago and I finally had a use for it. My original thought was using it for picture frames.
I told Mike that I wanted crap wood for the trim. He suggested I go with him to the store. That was a smart move on his part - he was not seeing my vision. We were the only ones looking for the beat up, nasty, no one wants wood. A quick coat of white stain on the trim and it will look perfect.
The top is still blank, but I have big plans for a quilt top pattern made out of tiles. The Re-Store shop has tile for a nickel.

 My pillows fit in it perfect.


No comments: