Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wisconsin Dells

It has been a long time since Mike and I have taken our kids to the Dells. Like a really long time. 25 years or more.
 

When Stacy talked about taking the grandkids up to Mt. Olympus Mike wanted to go too.  I wanted to ride a water slide or two myself. Though in the back of my mind there was a slight fear that I would not fit down a slide or worse yet get stuck in a raft tube and be stuck circling in the lazy river till someone found me.
Everybody dressed and ready to hit the slides.



Mt. Olympus is a great place for kids this age. It has 2 water parks and an amusement park.
I rode my first slide with Kaylyn and I fit in the raft and down the slide and everything. I was not too sure about the next slide. The ones where you wrap the rubber mat around you and zip down feet first. I though for sure that's the one I would get stuck in but nope Kaylyn, Stacy and I all went at the same time and all made it down.
Ok, that was enough tame rides for Kaylyn she soon joined Mike and the boys at the 10 story drop slides.
After lunch (which we packed in the car) we head back into the park and on to the other water park. The wave pool was bigger waves and the water slides had bigger rafts.

Mike and Logan on the slingshot ride, both liked it but not a "do over".

The racer slide - Kory took great pride in beating everybody - every time. Hey Kory - The fatter you are the faster you go. Poor Kaylyn was not too pleased to finished last each time.

 The boys in the wave pool. This wave pool was awesome. Even I enjoyed it. One 15 foot wave comes at you every 90 seconds.
 Kaylyn, Kory and Mike on the 3 man raft. I did both of these slide with Mike. The hardest part was walking up the 6 story tower. Not a fan of Heights!!  We got to the top and I looked around and saw that I was by far the oldest person up there. I got a shout out from Logan for being very cool about it!

We all agreed the short, bumpy, fast pink one was way more fun than the swirly yellow one. Notice the dark clouds. We had 2 short cloud bursts, but no one cared and the rides weren't shut down.

After check in (we had a 2 room suite in one of the cleaner hotels - reviews on some of these were BAD) and dinner at Paul Bunyan we head on back to the amusement park. 5 large roller coaster all wooden and 5 go cart tracks. Yup - they (notice the they) tried them all.

The best part is they closed the park at 7 to all the daily park visitors and it was open till 10 for hotel guests.
Much to the disappointment of my husband and grandkids I did not ride on any rides. I am not a fan of wooden roller coaster, especially ones that go under the parking lot (pitch dark under there) out the other side, and a quick 360 and back under again. This was by far the favorite among the 3 kids.

The go cart tracks looked inviting, especially the ones that went up in the air like a roller coaster then cork screw down and under a water feature. Way cool! I was too afraid to get into a go cart and bump my leg. See on Friday I fell off my bike (gracefully though) and have a bruise the size of North America on my leg. And the water slides were enough punishment. I was ok with watching and hearing all about it when the rides ended.

I am pretty sure Mike had the most fun out of everybody. We stayed for 2 days and He never sat down - He was off with one of the kids doing something every minute both days with a huge smile on his face. He could NOT get enough.

Memories were made - for sure!

No comments: