Thursday, July 10, 2014

Concert in the Park

Growing up with 4 older sister I was subjected to many different kinds of music.

The older sisters would lay on the floor in the music room (music room, because that's where the piano and record player were) and listen to their 45's . If Sharen and I were quite we could sneak in and sit on the steps leading to the second floor and listen along - out of the way. Did they know we were there? Probably.

Maybe this has a lot to do with their age but, I remember Vicki was into "malt shop" music. Deanna too, though Dee would put on a crooner or two.
When I think of Linda's music The Beach Boys come to mind. For Mary it was the Rolling Stones.

All music from the 50's and 60's. I am not too sure if that's why I still enjoy the tunes or the fact that it brings back memories of hanging with my sisters. Well kinda, sorta hanging with them.

Anyway a 60's band was playing at Elgin's free concert in the park at the Wing Park band shelter so Sharen and I decided to check it out.
Linda had plans to go too, so we met up with her there.

 It was a perfect night. You can tell by the crowd there. The band even snuck in some 70's music.

No comments: