Sunday, July 13, 2014

Twins & Twins


While big brother was off playing golf with his Mother and Papa, Kendell and Kallie took a trip to "Grandma's Creek".

This time they brought along old shoes so they could actually go INTO the creek.
Of course they stopped off at my house and invited me too. I grab some old shoes and joined them.

While changing shoes on my front porch Grandma was going over all the "rules".
"You have to hold on to my or Aunt Karen's hand when walking in the creek"

Aunt Karen was the first one in followed closely by Kallie. Kallie asks Grandma to take her hand and in comes Grandma.


Kendell stood in the bank until I asked her if she wanted to walk with me. (Us oldest twins have to stick together ya know). We walked down to where the creek got a little deeper and faster and louder.
We are having a blast!
Turns out the noise of the water running made Kendell have to go potty. I walk/run her back to my house and she stops to take off her wet shoes. I told her not too, we couldn't take away from "creek time". She gave me a huge smile and told me her Mother was not going to like it. So, yes Kendell walked through my house with wet shoes on. And now - Aunt Karen rocks!
We raced back to the creek - 61 yr old grandma's should not have to run. Just saying! Kendell beat me.
 We threw rocks, floated stick and leaves and played in the creek. Kallie ended up with wet pants, dirty t-shirt and muddy hands. Kendell had to clean her hands after every dirty rock. Though I did get her to splash me back when I threw water at her.


Oh my gosh - so many memories. Sharen and I would play, and play, and play in old shoes, in the creek in Lords Park.

No comments: