Thursday, September 25, 2014

Memory Quilt

Last year, at this time, Mike and I took off on a trip out East to visit our friend Steve and see the Autumn colors in New England.

It was a very relaxing vacation. We took back roads through small towns and rolling hills.
It got to be a game with us on finding a different adjective for all the colored leaves. It was that beautiful.

I couldn't help but picture a quilt of all the beautiful fall colors, so I set out on a mission to find just the perfect material.
I wanted to make Mike a "Memory Quilt" of our vacation, and now finally one year later it is done.

 I admit I finished the top last winter, but I just couldn't figure out the quilting pattern. I am still struggling with this because I know it can make or break a quilt. It dawned on me it was literally right in our back yard. I picked up some leaves from our Oak and Maple trees and made my own template.



Now I don't have to turn on my furnace anytime soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow. that is an impressive quilt.