Monday, February 9, 2015

Oh, Shute

Roger and Luke have this game that you mount slides on a board with Velcro and roll a ball down them. At the bottom is a lever that shoots a rubber pig into the air.
Sometimes it hold up and the ball will get to the bottom.  Both boys get frustrated with it. My thinking is it's too little a space.

When changing my paper towel I got this great idea - take the empty tube and save some toilet paper tubes and make a big shute. We can tape it to the wall with Mary's permission of course. Now my imagination has taken over and I see everything as a possible piece of "The Shute" toothpaste boxes (both sample size and big size). Wax paper tube, my box from my fireplace matches, and Roger's favorite, bathroom cups. I think he liked the cups the best because he had to cut a hole in the bottom of each.

So with materials in hand I visit Newburg St. and Roger and I set out to build "The Shute"!
While Luke shot hoops with Papa, Roger and I got to work.
We started at the bottom of their basement stairs with the idea that I would bring stuff  with on every visit to eventually make it to the top. I know wishful thinking on my part, but you never know.

Roger decided he wanted 3 cups at the bottom.
 Roger cutting the bottoms out of the cups and me taping them up.
 It took us a few adjustments to get the ball rolling.

BUT WE DID IT!!!!
I must warn you Bryan's butt crack appear in this video.

No comments: