Thursday, July 16, 2015

Back Splash

We moved into this house 11 years ago.
I fell in love with the kitchen. The cabinets are white and we changed up the knobs to silver. The gold light fixture has been replaced to silver and we have replaced all the appliances to stainless steel.

My next step is a back splash. It now has no tile just walls painted green.
I always hesitate because I like white subway tiles and I thought that it would be too much white, so I haven't done a damn thing.

Well after watching Beach Flip on HGTV where 2 of the four teams put white subway with white cabinets into their kitchen remodel, and it looked good, I am ready to tackle my back splash.

I measured the area. Converted to sq. ft. instead of inches and I am pretty sure I know how much I need. I'm a quilter for god sake, if I can figure yardage on 5 different fabrics I should be able to figure out sq. footage for 1 material.
After shopping I realize I don't have to go with white. There are so many different colors of subway tiles to choose from I am tiled out.

So, I'm putting the back splash on hold once again, to be brought out when my tiling partner (Steve)comes for a visit in Sept.
 I set my sights on something smaller and more simple. The cover to my outdoor pillow box that Mike made me out of our recycled fence.

Isn't it pretty.






No comments: