Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Windows

I got the room painted. Mike has the crown molding up and now it's time for new windows.
It's been a few month since we had our new windows installed.
It took 2 guys about 4 hours to get them in and I gotta say I love them.
One worked on the inside.

 They other on the outside. I decided to have the whole outside window covered with white instead of leaving the old green trim or trying to match the faded color green.
 Looks mighty good.
I knew as soon I had taken down the old wooden blinds, they were not going back up. I really have a gorgeous back yard and I wanted to see it. All the time! In all the seasons!
These new windows are super thermo and hold back the heat from the sun.
There is no heat or air in this back room and it can get pretty hot (or cold). I'm thinking don't put anything back up leave them plain.
Well that lasted about a week and I was searching for some blinds.

Of course I had to order some - custom. Home Depot had the ones I wanted.
After 3 weeks for the order. Mike got them installed for me.
Love - Love - Love them.


I do have one problem though. the furniture is right in front of the windows.
Yeah, I have to climb up on the couch to reach the blinds to pull them down OR I could leave them down half way.

Not liking either options I decided to make myself a "pull it down" stick.
I went over to Menards and found a dowel and a hook and made me a "pull down" stick.

One end has a hook on it to pull it down and the other end has a flat end to push them back up. Works like a charm.
I will leave the climbing on the furniture to the grandkids!

No comments: