Saturday, October 22, 2016

Everything Pumpkin

That time of year again when Pumpkin flavors are everywhere.
I always tell the grandkids to try it first before you tell me you don't like something. So that is what I am doing this year. Trying new pumpkin products I see.

As much as I love pumpkin there are some things that do not need to be pumpkin. Potato chips really - No.
I have had my fill of pumpkin beer and wine too. Oh yeah and pumpkin salsa. Gonna pass on them this year.
I can stand pumpkin air freshener for about 2 days - then I put it away. I have about 5 pumpkin candles (Gifts from people) that I still burn.

I thought everything pumpkin doesn't have to be sweets, right?  Changed my mind when I tried pumpkin Ravioli and pumpkin soup. Yuck... Though they may be better homemade. Not eating it.

Breakfast is where I get my main pumpkin fix.
Bread, English muffins, bagels along with pumpkin cream cheese and waffles, are all stocked up in the freezer. And it goes without saying that I love me some pumpkin coffee.
This year I found cereal, so I  of course I had to try them. Thumbs up on the mini-wheats, Our basement looks like a episode of extreme couponing I bought me some extra. I was disappointed on the Special K and Life. I'll have to use the rest of these to make crusts for my pumpkin cheesecake.
Pumpkin Oatmeal - people, just put some pumpkin puree in your oatmeal and save the money on the flavored ready made stuff. Taste better too.
Bryan found some Pumpkin butter for me that is super good on toast.
I do like a pumpkin donut once in awhile, but I am not sorry to see them go at the end of the season.

I pass right by the pumpkin cakes. My sister Vicki has the best recipe anywhere. I make my own pumpkin cookies and muffin and cheesecake.  I do have to stock up on canned pumpkin.
I do prefer store bought pumpkin pie though.

I also tried a few new ice creams. Pumpkin Pie ice cream is better than just pumpkin flavor (I didn't finish the carton). And I don't usually eat ice cream. Ha.

I do eat pumpkin yogurt and pudding - add a little pecans and some whip cream Yummy...

So I will continue to try new pumpkin flavored products when I find them.









No comments: