Sunday, October 30, 2016

Cub Fans

Back in the day the Cubs were the only team to watch on TV during the day - Nation Wide! All the games were shown on WGN. My Dad, who is a full blown White Sox fan, sometimes watched the Cubs too. He loved to watch baseball and the Cubs were the only game on. So I get the wide appeal for the Cubs.

Mike has been a Cub fan his whole life. Watching the games on WGN summer afternoons with his Father and brothers. Enjoying a game with them at Wrigley Field. True Blue Cub Fan.Yup, married him anyway.

I am not watching the games. I am certainly not a Cub basher either. I don't know their players, though I am slowly learning their names from the jerseys I see around and watching sports on the news.
I don't suddenly love the Cubs because thy are winning.
BUT I do love these guys.
I bought them all Locker room souvenir hats 

Saturday night Mike got to watch a Cubs playoff game with his son and grandson. Not to many people can say that.
Logan asked if he could come over. He wanted to watch a playoff game with his Papa. He wanted to share another Cub experience. Mike took him to his first game at Wrigley.
Brian has always been a Cub fan.

I hope the Cubs win. Being a Cubs fan as long as Mike has, he knows what losing feels like. I want him to know what it feels like to back a winner. I want him to feel like I did in 2005 when my White Sox won it.
Yeah, I want this for him....


No comments: