Wednesday, January 11, 2017

BackSplash

I think I watch too many of these home improvement shows.
Our house did not have a backsplash when we moved in here and I was ok with that. Now, not so much, I wanted a cool looking one like you see on these TV shows.

Only problem I didn't know what I wanted. Just NO white subway tile...
I have brought home samples of all kinds and none seemed to work. I have enough bath tile, floor tile and even wood planks to start on a room addition.
The problem is we have a blue/green counter top - not so easy to match. Most colors really clash. No, I am not ready to get new counter tops.
Then I saw the tin ceiling tile and thought finally this is it! They were too big, but they do make something similar for back splashes.
I knew that tin wouldn't clash with the counter or the white cabinets so I took my search to online.
Well, I found something. AND the pattern is called "quilted". Perfect!


It was wallpapering with sheet metal. Not easy.
Good thing I have a husband who does not care what I do around the house. Then again he usually doesn't help with my projects either. He stays out of my way and lets me do my thing.





No comments: