Sunday, May 14, 2017

Just Like Ma

I am a great Mother.
It took time and some growing up, but I am a now great Step-Mother.
It takes no effort from me to be a great Grandma.
I know because I have been told all this.
I owe it all to this lady.
This is Ma's picture from when she worked in the cafeteria. Funny that was my favorite job too.
We also share a love of liver and onions, 3 bean salad, and any and all homemade breads are good, but taste better with Butter.
I can make some pretty good soups and casseroles. All Her.
Christmas is not Christmas without fruit cake. Baking Christmas cookies feels like she is right there with me. Probably is.
I always seem to find something that needs to go home with whoever is visiting.
I don't waste anytime when the light turns green - some people call it a lead foot.
I have been known to have a Kleenex tuck up my sleeve for emergencies.
I always carry a safety pin.
I got her short saggy arms, but also her thick beautiful hair.
My droopy mouth - hers, too. But someone is going to have to search for a wrinkle on my face.
I can make picking up toys a game with the grandkids. And I wave to them till their cars are out of sight.
I love my jigsaw puzzles and can pass some time with a good book.
I dry clothes on the line on a warm summer day.
I certainly am not afraid to tackle a project around the house and most times my way is the best way.
I am not afraid to say something when things are not fair.
I can see humor in small things - not mean things.
I was just called feisty - I'm thinking Yup, just like Ma.

So when someone makes the comment - You are just like your Mother.
I say "Thank You."




No comments: