Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Crafts with Grandma

I love a good craft project.
When I opened my Mother's Day gift from the Flory's I was excited.
I got a stepping stone kit for my garden that me and the boys could make. I have seen these around and always wanted to try it.
Bryan helped with the mixing of the cement (I had to include my big boy too) He had all kinds of advice.


While that was setting up for the next step, Mary made us a Mother's Day lunch. Yummy!!
Owen dived into the hummus - literally. He loves it - me too.



I think Luke ate every green bean on the table. He said it would be a good idea to plant green beans in my garden this year. "You got it, buddy."
After the table was cleared.
I separated the glass pieces into 3 cups and the gave the boys each one. No fighting then and it worked. They were so good.
We thought it would be messy so the boys took off their t-ball jerseys so they wouldn't get the cement on them. Of course Owen had to take his off too. Turns out it was not messy at all.


I thought I wanted to put their names on it, but we were having too good of a time with the glass, so I just made a heart in the center and they put the pieces all around it. Luke and Owen did sneak a piece each inside the round glass beads that is the heart shape. Turns out that is my favorite part.

I had just enough room in the center for their initials and it wouldn't be complete with out some legos added.
I knew just where I wanted to put it in my garden. Well kinda in my garden - it's in one of the flower beds. Right out front next to the flag pole. You come to visit us and you can't miss it.
A great Mother's day that I will be reminded of every time I walk out my front door.


No comments: