Monday, April 24, 2017

Grillin'

Mike has been making do with his old grill for a year now. He has ordered and replaced parts on it maybe 3 times.
He needed a new one and has been shopping around this spring for a deal.

I suggested a visit to Sam's to pick up a couple things Sunday morning.
First of all, why would a retired couple go to a box store on a weekend, when the crazy people who go for the free samples are out, when you can go during the week?
Well, we went anyway and it's a good thing we did.
There it was...The ultimate grillin' machine...  Everything he wanted.
I could tell he really wanted it bad, when he started stroking it like a pet. Then when he found a tray for wood chips I knew it was a done deal. You didn't even have to be a contortionist to turn the gas on, I'm thinking even I could use this.

The price was higher than he wanted to spend, but I figured with the winter he had - he deserved to be treated to something special that he really wanted. Kinda like he did for me with my new sewing machine.

My husband loves to grill and now he has a brand new super grill to work on.



 He has been wanting to get a smoker ever since he saw Bryan's. Ok, maybe before that, but that put the bug back in his mind.
Sharen had one in her shed that she wasn't using and gave it to Mike to try out. She told him if he liked it that he could have it. Ohhhh he likes it.

His first attempt was ribs. Not too great. Mostly becasue of me. I had way, way, way too much rub on those things. YUCK...

The second attempt was boneless pork chops. We went with no rub, just seasoning. He described them like hockey pucks, but I didn't think they were that bad. Maybe overcooked.
Next came a beer can chicken.  I must admit he was getting better.
Next up he wants to try some different flavored chips.


I am looking forward to some tasty meals this summer.



No comments: