Friday, April 6, 2018

Missing a Piece

jokes about missing puzzle pieces - Google Search


Bryan had some water get into their basement. No real damage just the puzzles that were left laying around got wet.
Mary gathered them up, threw out the wet ones and put the remaining pieces in a storage bin to be dealt with later.
I offered to bring them home and sort them out.
more puzzles than I thought
I thought that I could just sort the pieces in piles and go from there.
Ha, not so!
I pulled out all the "baby" puzzles. You know the ones with wood frames and knobs on the pieces.
I found 8 full ones and 7 missing pieces. Done.
I finally just dug in and started fixing as I go.


42 puzzles! I am fixing 42 puzzles at once. Granted some are just 9 or 12 pieces. Most are 24.
The majority of them are missing pieces - I have 14 finished all complete and I have run out of pieces.
I will be going to leave them all laid out for now. I am heading into the city tomorrow to play with Owen so maybe we can play huckle-buckle looking for the rest.

Those of you who do not know how to play Huckle-buckle: It's a game we played as kids. ALOT.
You search for something hidden and when you find it you shout out Huckle-Buckle. If there is a reason it's called that I do not know what it is, it's just what we said.
As an adult when I can't find my keys or scissors or checkbook or phone or anything, lately - I still think Huckle-Buckle when I find it.

No comments: