Monday, December 10, 2018

Cookies

I have been making this cut out cookie recipe for 40 some years. I made these for all holidays and have a Large assortment of cookie cutters for all occasions. I have a heart shape cutter that was my Mothers that I use EVERY time I make these cookies. Each batch deserves a heart cookie so they know they were made with love. Roger loves this story.
This cookie is still the number 1 favorite for Mike.
That is - if it has frosting on top. Again I have been making this frosting for probably just as long as the cookies. Why not they go together.
The Florys were out to chop down their tree and stopped at our house to help me with the cookie decorating. Linda stopped by to say Hi and visit.
I tried to keep a eye on what went into the boys mouths  and who was licking spoons and reusing, but it turned out to be a losing battle. After washing Owens knife a few times I just watch and tried to keep the mess down to a minimum.
I put those few aside for Owen to take home. Mike said he didn't care he loved them all and would gladly enjoy eating them.

Funny thing is I don't eat these cookies. I really enjoy baking them, but I leave the eating to Mike. In exchange he doesn't eat my peanut butter balls.

Roger and I were finishing up the last of the decorating and he told me the angel we made was his favorite and he wanted to eat it with me. They had their quota of sugar, So we cut it down the center and he took his home and we will try and facetime so we can eat it together.


Now Mary is not a fan of favorites. She has instilled in the boys that everything they do is the best and not one is better than the other. Me - I always seem to have a favorite and point it out. I know - not cool Grandma, but the heart cookie was perfect. Just saying!
Roger decorated it - and he was very cool about not pointing out that I picked his. He told Luke that his will probably be my favorite next time. I then told Luke I loved his snowman so all was forgiven.





No comments: