Thursday, October 17, 2019

New Shed

I have been wanting a new shed for a couple years now. I even went as far as choosing one and pricing it. I don't know what stopped me from getting it. Ok, maybe I didn't want to deal with it. I just know that I really hated my old one. It had a dirt floor and smelled like dead mice.
Mike must of been tired of hearing me complain, because he went with me over to Home Depot and we looked at them. I found one I liked a little bigger than the one I had with a floor. With a floor!!!
He gave them his email address for a follow up and the next thing I know my shed was ordered.
I was SO excited.
Goodbye Sunflowers

We planned a "take down the old shed" party.
Logan agreed to help. He is just a joy - He always is there to help.
Bryan brought the boys along. They were so excited to tear something apart. I gave them each a hammer and told them to have at it. They worked at doing everything. Pounding the sides off. Striping the shingles. Stoking the fire.


Group hug before they pushed it over
 They got the biggest thrill when Mike let them help push it over.
waiting for Daddy to cut more wood for the fire
Brian was there till the bitter end helping Mike cut the wood up into fire size pieces.
cutting up the sides and doors
We had a fire going all day, but still had a huge pile that took me 3 hours the next day. We lucked out with perfect weather all week.
 We still have a load of shingles that needs removal.

The new shed is 2 feet longer than the old one so Mike had to enlarge the base and level it out.
I could hardly wait to 4 days for them to come and install the new one. It came prefab so the install only took these 2 guys three hours to put together.

 TaDa - My new shed with a FLOOR!!!





No comments: