Thursday, October 10, 2019

Team Robo Kids

That time of year again when we put on our walking shoes and take a 5K stroll around the University of Chicago campus for Comers Children's Hospital. This campus is beautiful.

Dr. Gundeti greeted us like old friends. I can see why Mary and Bryan put their trust and care of Luke in his hands.
Luke and Dr. Guneti
The weather was perfect - bright sunshine and 58 at the start of the walk. Warmed up later.
Every year Dr. Gunedi gives his team t-shirts. This year we were not too hard to spot on the walk. We were the people in orange.
Mary, Roger, Maryellen walking and Owen riding pulled by Bryan

Mike and Luke
I was lagging behind a little (ok, maybe a lot) around the 2 mile marker when  Roger hangs back to walk with me. I told him my feet were starting to hurt and he confessed that his legs were tired. Misery loves company.
I still love to walk this walk for Comers. Luke is getting such great care there and seems to be improving each yearly check up.
Luke Supporters

No comments: