Tuesday, February 4, 2020

It's All About the Journey

 Mike and I take an Anniversary trip each year. We try and go some place warm where we can play some golf.
This year I picked Pensacola Beach FL. We stopped there coming home after our 25th anniversary at Disney World and really liked the place. Mike was fine with this place it has 2 courses near by.
Nashville is close to 1/2 way so we decided to take our break from driving there .We had no idea what the weather would be so we came down a day early. There is plenty of things to do down here.
Broadway was our first stop. I love all the Neon. It was wet, but it wasn't raining so we walked all around.

My Grandson's Name in Lights

We stopped at Blake Shelton's restaurant to get some lunch and listen to some country music. I never could understand how some people "make it" and others are singing in bars on Broadway in Nashville on a Friday at lunch.


 We added another "Hall of Fame"  to our list with a stop at the Country Music Hall of Fame. The place is jammed packed with history. But I did manage to find my favorite singer.


Mike got us tickets to The Grand Old Opry for our anniversary and I was very excited. Teri Clark was one (there were 7) that was singing and I love her music. Vince Gill was a late addition. Love him too.
The  show is actually live radio so things moved along very fast and everyone was on time.





Poor Poor Pitiful me

Nashville is still a wonderful place to visit. Even though they have the highest pedestrian fatality rate in the country. 5 people were killed in January alone.

1 comment:

Linda said...

loved it there. was my choice of places to live if LIFE wasn't such a master of my fate.