Saturday, June 6, 2020

3 Very Important Women in My life Turn 40

I've been gone for awhile.
My reason have been personal.
Did my readers really care that I've finished 6 quilt tops, 7 puzzles, and 8 books. Thank God the library is open again. (Those darn paperbacks are hard to read - I want my large print) Probably not. Though I do have to say some of the quilts are my best yet.
I did skip posting about Logan's graduation. 50 years after mine. I feel bad about that one.
We have 7 immediate family birthdays in May. Happy Birthday to Kathy, Keith, Jack, Kaylyn, Stacy, Brian and Mary.
I get angry with people who don't take this virus seriously, so I don't say anything and just do what is best for me and Mike. Sometimes that is saying No and sometimes just leaving when I feel uncomfortable.
I am related to someone who was hospitalized with Covid and survived, so I know how bad this shit is.

One thing I must do is tell you about 3 very important young ladies that all turned 40 within the last few weeks.
My amazing step daughter, Stacy's birthday was May 19. She turned 40.
 
Stacy and her kid. 

Stacy was 3 when I joined her family. She wasn't to thrilled about me being with her Daddy when she couldn't. We finally got there and now we are close. I know she loves me, I can feel it and I love her. Her kids call me Grandma and I proudly claim them as mine.

My beautiful Daughter-in-law, Mary, turned the big 40 on May 30.


Mary was the only girl that Bryan ever brought home to meet us. I knew right then that she was someone very special. Bryan loved her and soon I saw why. I love her too. She goes out of her way to let me know when things are happening in the Flory house and I really appreciate her for that.

My special Niece, Carrie turned 40 on June 4th.
Carrie and her kids

I knew that we would have a bond the first time I held her. The day we got tattoos together (her 18th birthday) I knew that I would do anything for her. Come on Tattoo? She (and Sharen) share the twins with me and that means everything to me.

There were no parties for any of them. I made sure I saw each one of them on their birthday. I really had to let them know just how much their love for me means, and my unwavering love for them will always be there.

So Happy Birthday sweet lovely ladies.




No comments: