Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bowlway

Time to say Goodbye..
I loved going here.
This place has so many great memories.
I bowled in the Thursday Night Ladies league here for 22 years.
I bowled in a Sunday league with Dad and Sharen and Dup for a few years. 
Mike and I bowled in a Saturday night league.
I made so many great friends here.

Team High 5

Stayed late and drank too much.
Sang some pretty awful Karaoke.

Dixie Chicks??

Celebrated Engagements (Sharen and Dup's).
We had this great party for Bobby Richardson's birthday one year. I ran around taking all kind of pictures and then I realized I had no film (Yes, it was WAY back then). I asked Bobby if he would ever forget this party He said. "No". I told him "Good, because I didn't have film in my camera." he never let me forget that.
I first met Mike in the bar here. It was a Saturday and I was hanging out watching golf on TV.
He had just come from spending the night at a temporary shelter that he set up for the families who were misplaced from the flooding in the south of Elgin. He came in to see his Dad and have a Pepsi and unwind before heading home.

Mike first suggested that we get married one Sunday night siting in the bar after bowling. I needed surgery on my foot and was putting it off because I had crappy insurance. 
He offered to marry me for his insurance. We all know how great that turned out.

It had just 16 lanes
I missed the place when I quit. I missed the people. I missed the noise. I missed the unique smell that a bowling alley has.
I gonna miss Bowlway!
It was such a great place to be.....


No comments: