Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Decision Made

I watch too many Home Improvement shows,  but when a saw an accent wall that was just putting up 1x3's as spacers and painting them and the wall the same, I told Mike I needed one of those in our eating area. 

Measure and level


The installers left me a piece of the cabinet so it made perfect since to me to use that to get the same color for the trim, the new accent wall and the doors in the kitchen. All of it was white so - everything that was white is now cool grey.

 It made perfect since to me to then turn the walls into the lighter color. I chose Tundra White. I envy the people who's job it is to name paint colors. Every time I look for paint and read the names  I want that job.

Eating Area looses the Green
Rollin with the Flow

A couple trips to the tile store and we decided on the back splash tile. We brought home some with color and all different sizes. We decided on white, I thought I was done with white, but the tile works. Got the bigger size 4x16 so less pieces to cut and more area gets covered.


Tile went up easy

So essentially the kitchen is done. I already had a red toaster and coffee pot, so it made since to get a red microwave. The curtains and the rugs are all red too.

I love my new kitchen. I even think my cooking has improved - everything tastes better.

1 comment:

sisterLinda said...

Can’t wait to see it.