Sunday, August 1, 2021

Bryan's Birthday

Sunflowers everywhere

 Bryan, Mary and the boys came out to visit and celebrate Bryan turning 44. 

I read about a new Sunflower Maze and thought it would be fun to check it out. It was so beautiful. The flowers weren't too high, but we had a great time following the maze.

walking with the Grandkids


It was interesting to see the flowers all leaning toward the sun. Turns out they don't actually follow the sun. They face to the East when fully grown and we just happen to be there mid morning.

We made it to the center where we stopped to take pictures.


Birthday boy with family

Grandkids posing

With the Grandkids
Bryan and the boys HAD to stop and see if there was Pokemon around.
Searching for Pokemon

We all enjoyed it. It wasn't very big. It definitely was not crowded for a Saturday. It was close to the house. The boys were disappointed that the whole place wasn't open (August 27 for Pumpkins) so we talked about coming back to try the rides and slides.
They did have a couple things for the kids to climb on.
Pirate ship

Tractor
In the parking lot they had a couple games to play. 
Owen was the master of this game. I think he beat everybody. What's Your Apple? or What's your Pumpkin?
So Much Fun

Well you can't come to our house without a trip to Grandma's Creek. After steaks and presents, away we go.
Luke got so excited he saw a frog. I managed to catch it and put it into his hands and he ran off to show Mom and Dad who were walking the woods with Owen. 
Luke looking for frogs
Roger and I stayed back and walked up and down the creek. I put on my creek shoes, but I forgot to change my jeans. Didn't matter. When your Grandson asks you to go wading with him - that's what you do. Though I realize it's harder to keep your balance as you get older. And it you are wondering No I didn't fall.
Me and Roger
It was a Happy Day. 
The kinda day that I would of done with Bryan years ago. Just doing it now with his boys.
Happy Birthday Bryan.


No comments: