Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Golfing Again

 Last summer with everything shut down, I was OK with not golfing. Mike had both knees replaced so he was not playing either.

I'm thinking, Maybe it's time for me to just hang up the clubs. I wasn't hitting as good as I liked - definitely not as long as I used too. 

At the start of this summer Mike talked me into hitting some at the club. "We don't have to play every hole." I agreed to go. It was Monday, the course is closed, but employees can golf for free. We golfed 12 holes jumping around the course not waiting for anyone and certainly not holding anybody up. It was fun.

Maybe I still can play...

Then mike tells me 2 of his Thursday foursome wasn't coming. They had a tee time at one of my old favorite courses. I called Sharen and she wanted to golf too. Can I get thru 18 holes? We shall see...

Mike, Sharen and Bill getting ready
Well I got thru 18 and had a really good time.
Maybe I can still play...

It's a beautiful Monday and Sharen talked me into hitting the club again. 
We decided that we each need our own cart. Why not - anybody who complains has to take it up with the golf pro. I think we were safe there. After we teed off she took after her ball I found mine and we cruised the course in just under 2 hours. SO much fun. We've never done that before.
Maybe I can still play...

Mike signs us up to play a scramble with the Grandsons and support their old school football program. 
Will, Logan Me and Mike
Another great day on the links.
Maybe I can still play...

Then we get a phone call from Logan our Grandsons want to play golf with us. 
It was a Sunday. It was very crowded. It took us 5 hours to play.
But damn we had a great, great time.
Foursome selfie

I finally got to share a alcohol drink with Dylan who turned 21 in 2020.
Cheers
I hung an old ripped glove (I have no idea why I had 6 gloves in my bag) on the tree.
Golf Glove Tree

So I got thru the 18. No back ache, no foot pain, no stiffness. YET!
I'm pretty sure it was all because of the people I was with but.

I'll be damned I can still play.


1 comment:

sisterLinda said...

Great read. You really need to get in a league.