Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Stop the Press

 or is it "Cut the Cord"? Anyway after 45 years I have cancelled my subscription to my paper. I love to read a paper. When I worked at the CN I would read 3 papers every morning. I claimed to my boss that I was looking for potential advertisers, but I just liked to read everything.

Leftover papers are handy to have around too. Starting fires, drop clothes for messy work. How am I going to paint around my house or how about carving a pumpkin?.

They were jerking me around about my bill. Went from $50 for 4 weeks (that's not a month - 28 days only) then it jumped to $63.80 last bill was $78.30. I refused to attached my credit card to the account so I had to charged more for paperwork. 

The last bill had 2 "special sections" in it so it only covered 20 days. I asked her how much they charged to advertise in that special section and she didn't know.

 "Most ads in those sections, cover the cost of printing." I told her.

She had no answer for me, so I told her I couldn't afford it any longer. 

3 days later I get a call that they were offering a special deal. TWO DOLLARS AND 95 CENTS A WEEK FOR 10 WEEKS. I had to laugh.

"So, you are charging your loyal customers more so you can give it away to "new" subscribers."

She honestly said YES so I told her I would signup. Only thing was I had to give her my credit card.

I hung up!!!

Mike will pickup a paper for me sometimes on his way home from work, but so far I haven't missed it - Too Much.

No comments: