Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Thanksgiving 2023

 I’ve been busy, sick, and just plain lazy, so here’s an end of 2023 recap, the best I can remember.

Thanksgiving, I decide, had to be at my house. I remember the thanksgivings my Mom would put together and I want my grandkids and kids to have something to remember about me.

What was I thinking?  Thanksgiving are WORK. 

I made the turkey, the mashed potatoes the stuffing and gravy just like I remember. They all said it was good. - I don’t eat that. I do eat the rutabaga and carrots yummy (I also got Luke to try it). Owen, Logan and Dylan, my mac n cheese lovers, gave it 2 thumbs up. 

Grandkids photo

I hadn’t been feeling good for a few weeks, but I pushed thru the day. On Friday I went down hill fast and Sharen took me to the fire station to have my blood pressure checked and an EKG. They transported me up to the hospital. I was missing watching Logan’s football team (Byron tigers) win the state title. Ended up staying overnight for some more tests and some heavy duty antibiotics. Little scary, but all was good. I fought to get out of there Saturday morning. 

I made it out just in time to go to the wake of my and Sharen’s childhood best friend’s husband. Gary had been sick awhile. I wanted to see Barb and tell her how sorry I was. 

Friends a very long time

. Took me a few days of rest a repeat visit to the doctor, but it was certainly a Thanksgiving to remember.

No comments: