Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Mississippi Travels

 I chose this place because it was on the water, but away from the crowds and vacationers. This was the first time we were not right on the ocean and I was worried we would miss walking along the beach. Turns out there was a park with a paved walking path 5 minutes down the road across the street from the ocean.

Walking track

Ocean views
We walked twice everyday once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

That is except for the days we played golf. Mississippi was state number 20. The courses were in winter conditions, but We Golfed at 2 different courses. Weather cooperated. 




Used his Christmas present from the Flory boys

New Orleans was only bout 70 minutes away - I have never been there so we took a side trip. I was not impressed at all. It was smelly, and dirty. You had to walk around homeless people sleeping right in the French Quarter. I did enjoy the river walk though. I guess I can say I’ve been there now.



The best part of this trip was the assortment of restaurants. 

 My favorite was Shaggy’s. Right on the Gulf at Pass Christian Harbor. 

15 coconut shrimp What?

Outdoor dining view

No comments: