Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Mississippi Vacation

 Mike and I wanted to avoid driving thru Nashville or Atlanta this winter vacation. I found a house for rent on the Bay of St. Louis in Mississippi. Since we haven’t golfed if MS yet, I  booked it.

We mapped it out to go straight down the state of Illinois thru Memphis. The one thing we couldn’t avoid was the weather. 

It Snowed and snowed. We knew snow was in the forecast we just didn’t count on a storm. It was brutal. 

One lane on a 4 lane highway

We tried to get off but most off ramps were jammed with cars stuck. We saw 2 major pile ups thankfully on the other side of the road. I tried calling around to find a hotel room somewhere in the St. Louis area, but no luck. I was crying and Mike was calm and pushed through it. We had a reservation in Arkansas, so he decided we could make it and on we went. 
Stopped for gas and scrapped the front
We did finally got to our destination  couple hours later than planned, ending going thru hail and rain storms. It sure was worse than the forecasters predicted. Not a very good start.

Day 2 we took a detour - I really wanted to visit Laurel MS. I enjoy HGTV Home Town. After we finally found the downtown, it was just like the show. We parked and walked around the historic downtown. We looked for the Scotsman workshop (took the road along the railroad tracks) but didn’t find it.  I’m happy we stopped. Mike was happy for ME. 



No comments: