Monday, August 18, 2008

Bike Rides

We had the grandkids over Saturday night, with their parents, for Grandma's maaas-ta-cholly. Logan had three helpings and proclaimed this my best ever. He says that each time, but I must of thought so too cause I ate too much. Oh and thanks to Mary for the delicious wine. YUM!!!
After walking around the SouthElgin Riverfest craft show Sunday morning my foot was hurting. I realized by Sunday afternoon that some more exercise was needed so I suggest to Mike we take a bike ride.

Mike has been riding his bike to work 3 or 4 times a week and he's keeping his weight off. Me - I've been trying to get rid of some weight, so I thought maybe I can bike some fat off too.
Grab some air for the tires and off we go. The trail around the neighboring subdivision was paved and relatively flat. So when Mike suggested we cross over McDonald road and ride to Silver Glen Rd - what the heck that's doesn't seem to far (of course that's in a CAR). We stop to take a drink and my butt is saying what did you just do to me? I am NOT getting back on that bike. I get back on my bike, but the old rear end is telling me it was a big mistake to go so far. I promised it an ice pack when we get home and it seemed happy with that. The scenery took away some of the sting - going around the ponds and along the creek.

Today I'm headed to Super Target hoping they have a seat size "fat ass" in the bike department so I can get back on the trails.

No comments: