Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Cars

I snagged some sweet (suite) tickets to the drag races today in Joliet. I had no desire to go, but Mike thought it would be fun so he headed out with his friend Dave and his son Brian about 9:00am. I had already given tickets to Kory and his friend who got up at the butt crack of dawn to get there when the gates open at 8:00 am.
These were tickets with parking passes from the office so I knew they would have a good time. Free Food and Drinks!!

I headed off to the fabric store with Sharen - She's working on a quilt for a wedding present and needed some help. You just can't find good flannel right now so I talked her into corduroy.

On the way home I was telling her about my car. If there is one thing I HATE (like most women) it's car trouble. My SRX is making a noise again so I'm thinking about getting rid of it. Sharen is driving a new Pathfinder. She asked me if I wanted something brand new? I don't know what I want.

We got to talking about the first cars we ever bought brand new (the first car I ever owned was a 69' MG Midget). Hers was a 73' Chevy Nova and mine was a 73' Dodge Dart "Sport"

Just like this one only mine was copper and had a sunroof. I loved that car!

1 comment:

c_reuter said...

I remember that car and riding with my head out the sunroof. Fun Times!